Monday, October 18, 2010

some scanner work...

I did these three little quick scanner compilations tonight for class and they turned out pretty awesome.
All of the images I used were cut out of either Vogue Magazine, W Magazine, and a couple other women's fashion magazines. To me, nowadays, I feel that women are exposed to so much authority telling them how to look, what to wear, what body parts to show, and what to eat. Even though I am a graphic designer, the world of advertising becomes sickening to me at many times. I have to respect the magazines for their skills in photography, graphic design, and layout but the content that comes packaged up in these magazines are mostly fucking ridiculous. There are fashion ads for BVLGARI that have a woman naked on the beach with an exotic snake wrapped around her face, what does this have to do with fashion anymore? I feel we have that these magazines have lost their original direction and are somewhat to blame for our constant self-conscious mentality.

So i dissected the women, flowers, and some of the text from the magazines and placed them in the scanner. Then I added some digital flavor.






No comments:

Post a Comment